Friday, August 6, 2010

stressed the hell out

I feel completely horrible! I blew up at this couple today at Walmart, they cut in front of my friend and I. I made a comment for my friend to hear, not for the guy to hear. and he retorted with why do you have to have an offhanded comment, why not say it to my face. so I did.. words were said.. things were blown completely out of proportion.. The whole while I am thinking to myself,
"Why the hell does this even matter- its a spot in line at Walmart?" But I was standing my ground. The argument was going nowhere near a good direction. so being the bigger person I walked the hell away. even tho that spot was rightfully mine. lol

Why did it matter- any other day it wouldn't have. Jimmy and I frequently let people go in front of us. So why did i blow a gasket today?
Then I remembered a conversation I had earlier that day about the anatomy of a deployment.- granted its through the eyes of a sailor..here were her views

month one--- just like any underway- you are getting used to being out and away from your family

month two--- Its sinking in you aren't gonna be home soon

month three--- little things start irritating you- but as a mature adult you can handle the situations

Month 4 and 5--- you start blowing your gasket at the most random of things.

month 6 or 7--- you will be home soon nothing matters anymore.. nothing can bother you
this is where i need to make a change--- as a spouse the last couple of weeks are the most stressful. You have so much to do, so much to plan for, so many emotions coursing through your body that anything can make you snap. i mean seriously ladies we are trying to make sure everything is perfect--- our homecoming outfits our hair our nails his car is clean the house is immaculate... the kids are all in order.. and not breaking bones... etc you all know what we do in the weeks right before they come home.

so i know that couple will never read this blog- but i am sorry for blowing up at you... but i am also glad i did because i am pretty stress free now hahah! so thanks random strangers.

much love



2 comments:

  1. random strangers are a great way to let off some steam, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those poor people, lol. I am glad you feel better now though.

    ReplyDelete